To get started with creating a new app on our cloud platform, follow the steps outlined below. This guide will walk you through the process, including selecting the appropriate app space and understanding how resources are allocated and enforced.
Before creating a new app, ensure that you have the following prerequisites in place:
- An active account on our cloud platform.
- An active app space with remaining capacity.
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of containerization and application deployment.
Creating a New App
To create a new app, follow the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the Apps section of your console.
- Click on the Create New App button.
- Fill in the necessary details, including the app name.
- Select the desired app space from the available options. The app space defines the resource allocation for your app.
- Submit the form to create your new app.
Once the app is created, you can access it from the My Apps section. It will be listed along with other apps you have created.
Selecting the App Space
When creating a new app, it’s important to choose the appropriate app space that meets your requirements. App spaces provide the necessary hardware specifications, including RAM, CPU, disk space, and monthly traffic quota. We offer two types of app spaces: Standard and Dedicated.
- Standard App Space: In a standard app space, you get a portion of a larger machine. The resources are shared among multiple tenants, and you do not have a dedicated IP address. The available standard app space packages vary in terms of resource allocation, starting from a minimum of 1GB RAM, 1vCPU, 20GB SSD disk, and 500GB monthly traffic.
- Dedicated App Space: In a dedicated app space, you have exclusive access to the entire machine. This ensures ensured isolation on the network level and full utilization of the machine’s resources. Dedicated app spaces come with a dedicated IP address and offer larger resource allocations. The smallest dedicated app space package, for example, may include 4GB RAM, 2vCPU, 160GB disk, and 10TB monthly traffic.
Choose the app space that best suits your application’s requirements, keeping in mind factors such as expected traffic, computational needs, and budget.
Resource Allocation and Enforcement
When you create an app within an app space, the available resources of the app space are allocated to the app. Each app running within an app space is allocated a portion of the total resources available in the app space.
Resource allocation ensures that each app receives its fair share of resources and operates optimally. The allocation is typically performed based on factors such as the app’s requested RAM and CPU. For example, if you have a standard app space with 4GB RAM and 2vCPU, and you create two apps, each app may be allocated 2GB RAM and 1vCPU.
To enforce resource limitations, our platform actively monitors the resource usage of each app. When attempting to run a containerized app, the platform checks the requested hardware resources against the remaining capacity of the app space. If the requested resources exceed the available capacity, you will be notified with an error message indicating the specific resource that has exceeded the limit and the remaining capacity.
This enforcement mechanism ensures fair resource allocation among apps and prevents overutilization of app spaces, leading to a stable and predictable performance for your applications.
Congratulations! You have successfully learned about creating a new app on our cloud platform. By selecting the appropriate app space and understanding the resource allocation and enforcement mechanisms, you can ensure optimal performance and resource utilization for your applications.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to our support team. We are here to help you make the most out of your app creation and deployment experience.