Doprax editor makes it easy for you to develop and configure your projects. The only requirement is a web browser. Click on Open In Editor to start editing. A screenshot of the editor is shown in the image below.
A screenshot of doprax
There are several sections in the editor. Main menu, toolbar, sidebar, and text editor.
In this menu, you can see 2 options: projects and deploy. By clicking on “projects” a drop-down menu would be open and you can see 4 options:
- Run project: Same as clicking on the Run button in the toolbar.
- stop project: Same as clicking on the Stop button in the toolbar.
- Domain settings: Add a custom domain to your project.
- Resource Settings: Configure the RAM, CPU, and Disk space resources of your project.
Main menu and toolbar
In the toolbar, there are seven Icons. Respectively from the left to right:
- Run: By clicking on run, your project container will start building and launching process. The log window at the bottom of your page will be open to show you the process log in realtime.
Stop: By clicking on the stop button, your project will stop executing. Your project no longer will be accessible by ssh.
Stop project and all services: By clicking on this button, your project will stop executing along with all associated services (e.g database). Your project no longer will be accessible by ssh.
Project settings: In the project settings, you can edit the domain of your websites and customize the setting of your project. By clicking on this option, a domain setting field will be open and you can edit domain settings like domain name, verify ownership of the domain, create CNAME record. Every project on doprax automatically gets a free yourapp.doprax.com address. But you can also bring your own domains to doprax easily. We handle SSL certificate creation and renewal, as well as automatic HTTP to HTTPS redirects for all your custom domains.
Deploy to production: by clicking on this, your entire project will be deployed to production. You need to add a domain before deploying your project to production.
The sidebar has 4 sections. In mobile or tablet you need to click on the menu button for the sidebar to appear.
- Projects: In this section, you will see the list of all your projects. You can switch between then by clicking on each one and start development or execution.
- Directory: Under the Directory section you can view and access the directory structure of the current project that you are editing. You can also create new files and folders and upload files from your computer to the project.
- Services: Under the services section you can view and manage services like databases that are used in your project. There are two tabs here. The first tab is the list of running services and the second one is the list of all available services that you can use in your project. Click on each one to view details.
- Components: Under the components section you can view and manage the reusable code components. These code components are only applicable in projects with project type of process. There are two tabs. The first one is my components that shows the list of all components that you have created or clones. Click on each component to view the details and edit/use them. The second tab shows you the different categories of code components. You can find the components that you need by browsing categories or searching the code component that you need.
In the directory section in the sidebar of the editor, a built-in text editor will be opened on the right side of the screen. After you finish editing each file don't forget to click on the save button to save the changes that you have made.